Monday, June 24, 2013

Peace Offering (and a rejected cover)

Hey folks,

So, as you may have noticed, there was no weekly drawing last week. My apologies. It's been crazy busy over here. I'm getting ready to move from small town Utah (really, really small town) to the amazing borough of Brooklyn. I am so stoked, but a bit busier than I would like.

So, to make up for the absence of last weeks drawing, I have a peace offering for you all. Coming out on July 6th is the book UP IN THE AIR by Ann Marie Meyers, which I had the pleasure of illustrating. I was originally supposed to do the cover as well, but the Powers That Be wanted a bit more pop in the color than my traditional work style could provide, so they had their colorist take over. You can see the current cover on this. Anyhow, for your viewing pleasure, here if the final incarnation of the rejected cover:

Obviously, this is sans text. For some reason the skin tones are showing up a bit gray with this particular image, but you get the idea. What do you think?

Meanwhile, I'm off to another trip at the zoo! I'll post some of the resulting sketches on my return. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment