Monday, July 22, 2013

The Apartment, The Rain, and The Lone Bellow

So, the adventures in New York City continue.

To start, good news! Remember the lawyer messiness I mentioned in the last post? Done. We have the apartment! So, in the next couple of weeks, we will be moving up to the Bed-Stuy neighborhood. I haven't actually been to the apartment yet, but one of my flat-mates is taking me over there later today. I've seen the photos, however, and I can't tell you how stoked I am. I mean, it's got central air, among other things!

Meanwhile, I've been taking advantage of what seems to be the constant stream of free entertainment around NYC. In particular, I attended a performance at the Celebrate Brooklyn concert series in Prospect Park. The Lone Bellow was playing, and I'm rather fond of their music. I checked the weather forecast earlier that day, and it said rain, but the sky was clear, so I being the fool I am didn't bring my umbrella.


Well, in true New York fashion, while everyone was waiting in line, we got well and truly soaked.

The good news is, the rain let up of most of the concert itself, just sprinkling here and there. For the most part it stayed rain-less.
Myself and a couple of friends, trying mostly in vain to stay dry

 The concert was awesome. If you ever have the chance to see these folks, do so. It was quite an energetic performance.

In other news, I attended the Maurice Sendak exhibit at the Society of Illustrators, which was wonderful, and I'm meeting with a Children's Lit representative this week. Wish me luck!

To wrap up, here is a song of The Lone Bellow's that I'm fond of. Again, this is one of those bands that are better to see live. Until next time.

1 comment: